Kumara Residents Trust (KRT)
Kumara is a vibrant village, with a proactive and friendly community that want to work together to ensure success.
The Kumara Residents Trust (KRT) aims to assist the progress and development of Kumara by encouraging and actively working to gain a connected and cohesive community that people want to live and prosper in.
The Trust has strategic relationships with Westland District Council and other Government agencies to develop Kumara. The Trust manages beautification projects in the town and supports the elderly and other community groups. Kumara's pride in place has significantly improved since the introduction of the Trust.
Chinese Memorial Reserve *UPDATE*
3d Impression of the Reserve
Voting for the International Miners Heritage Sculpture
Voting papers (with all the details) have been delivered to each letterbox, or you can download a copy here.
- Voting closes 20th December 2017, with winning design announced in January Goldtrails.
- You are welcome to be part of the decision for this part of the Chinese Miners Memorial Reserve
- Voting is open for RATEPAYERS within the boundary of map
Top 3 Sculpture Design Entries
MDI Funding Submission
Major District Initiative (MDI) Funding - Chinese Reserve grant now open for submissions
- The Kumara Residents’ Trust (KRT) has an opportunity to obtain funding from the Major District Initiative Fund (MDI), for the Kumara Chinese Miners Memorial Reserve Project.
- Anyone can support this project by submitting directly to Westland District Council, email@example.com and supporting their provisional decision to allocate $68,709 towards this project.
- You are welcome to use our prepared submission form (which has further details)
The submissions to Council close 5TH December 2017.